There are four different categories for Australian visas—business visas, employer-sponsored visas, skilled visas, and family visas.

In this blog post, we will be talking about the employer-sponsored visas and how you can get them. There are three different visas in this category: Subclass 457, Subclass 186, and Subclass 187.

If an Australian business cannot find people to fill a specific position from the local work force, then it has the option of finding workers from overseas.

Employer-Sponsored Visas

Subclass 457 is also known as the Temporary Work (Skilled) Visa. Those who attain this visa are eligible to work and reside in Australia for anywhere from three months to four years.

This visa places requirements on both the sponsor and the potential employee. The sponsor company needs to be eligible to nominate an employee for the Subclass 457 visa. If the company and employee are both proven eligible, then authoritative figures in Australia will conduct an in-depth skills assessment to prove that the employee indeed has the necessary skills to work in Australia and contribute to the economy.

Subclass 186 is also known as the Employer Nomination Scheme. If you plan to work permanently in Australia, then this can be your first step. Like all the other visas in this category, both your potential employer and you need to prove eligibility. For instance, you must be under the age of 50, prove that you have the necessary English speaking skills, meet the standard Australian health requirements, and present the nomination by an eligible company, among others. Your employer, on the other hand, must offer you with a position that will be ongoing for at least 2 years, prove the need to hire an overseas worker, follow all Australian rules and regulations for running businesses, and so much more.

If you have successfully applied for this visa, then you are eligible to become a permanent resident of the country so long as your company continues to sponsor you.

Subclass 187 is the visa you need to apply for if you want to work for a company located in one of the regional areas of Australia. There are certain people who are eligible for this visa. First, those who are holders of the Subclass 457 visa and who have proven their loyalty and character while in Australia can apply for the Subclass 187 visa. Second, those who have never or briefly worked in Australia but who qualify for the Direct Entry stream can also apply. Lastly, those who are nominated by certain companies under a Labor Agreement can also apply for this kind of visa.

Where to Begin

If you have an employer waiting for you, then kudos! You are on the way to working and living in Australia. If you need a little bit of help moving to, say, Melbourne, then you can contact an agency (us, Ausdirect Migration) to provide you with visa migration services in Melbourne. Contact us today to get your quote and take that first step towards a brighter future in the Land Down Under.

If you are looking for a family law practice in Blackburn that can help you understood your situation and can represent your best interests in a legal dispute. Hiring a leading divorce lawyers in Berwick is the best way you get peace of mind. Get in touch with us for Cheltenham’s local family lawyers services.